The same street, when facing the Isartor. On Tal 41 is the hotel Torbräu. The SS was founded in the basement of this building. It’s the orange building in the background of the picture.
(picture: the Hitlerpages, 2010)
Another picture of the Tal street. The building with the arched windows used to be the Sterneckerbrau, one of the first locations where the NSDAP had their headquarters.
(picture: the Hitlerpages, 2012)
Left: Hitler speaks at the Bürgerbräukeller Centre: After being released from prison Hitler speaks at the Bürgerbräukeller on February 27, 1925. About 4000 men were inside, a lot of people couldn’t get in. Right: The Bürgerbräukeller after the attack of Georg Elser (November, 9, 1939)
In front of the Bürgerbraukeller on November 9, 1938
The Bürgerbraukeller after the war
On the left side of the Hilton hotel is a square with a plaque reminding of Georg Elser.
For years in a row (until the war started) Hitler met his old friends (Alten Kämpfer) on November 8. On November 9 they walked the route of 1923 again. They didn’t stop at the Residenzstrasse, but they went on to the Königsplatz, where the Ehrenhallen were, in honour of the fallen.
The route continued. Here the parade leaves the Brienerstrasse and goes up the Karolinenplatz.